1. I’m not worthy enough. You are worthy of everything that you think you deserve. You hold the tools to your own happiness. Work hard, never give up, and remember that you deserve anything and everything that you go after.
2. I can’t live up to other people’s expectations. What does it matter if you don’t meet the expectations of others? What does matter is that you work your ass off in order to meet your own expectations. It’s your life to live, so go live it the way you want to live it. Don’t listen to anyone who tries to hold you back or push you down. If someone doesn’t love you for the person you are today, chances are they will never love you no matter how hard you work to meet their expectations. Live your life for you.
3. There is nothing special about me. There is no one else on this planet who is exactly the same person as you and there will never be someone exactly like you. That in itself makes you unique and special. Embrace your quirks, your flaws, and your beauty.
4. My dreams are unrealistic. With a little determination and a hell of a lot of hard work, nothing is impossible. Follow your heart, take risks, and don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do it. People achieve the impossible every single day. Go be one of those people.
5. It matters what other people think and say about me. Why? Who would you be if there was no one around to judge you? What makes you happy? Find it and live your life the way you want to live it. Everyone is different (see #3) and has different live dreams. Don’t let one person’s dream overshadow your dream. Be yourself. You are here for a reason.
6. It’s too late. It’s never too late to accomplish anything. Life is the longest thing that you will ever experience. Start now and work for everything you want out of life. Never give up, no matter how long the journey takes or how many times you have to start over. It’s worth it.
7. I don’t have it all figured out. You’re right about this one, but you still need to stop telling yourself this. Truth is, no one has it all figured out. Life is a complex and complicated thing. There are ups and downs, trials and tribulations, and most importantly, change. Embrace the change and embrace the sense of unknown. Life is all about the journey.
8. No one understands. I can all but guarantee there is at least one other person out there who understands exactly what you are going through because they are going through the same thing. Don’t use this as an excuse. Whatever the situation or circumstance, someone else has already faced it head on and overcome it. You can too.
9. I could never pull that outfit off. With a little self-confidence and a smile on your face, you can pull anything off (even the red lipstick). Don’t ever let anyone else tell you otherwise.
10. I failed. The only time you fail is when you give up. No matter how many mistakes you have made, or how long it takes to accomplish your goals, don’t give up. Get back on the horse and continue on the journey. It will all be worth it in the end.
11. I’ll start tomorrow. If it was truly important to you then you would start right now. If it isn’t important, than you’ll make an excuse. Find out what you want and then start right this minute to achieve those goals.
12. I don’t need another pair of shoes. Life can be stressful. It can be hard and trying at times, but with the right pair of shoes, a girl can do anything she puts her mind to. Buy the shoes. Always buy the shoes.